Terms and Conditions of Use
Thank you for visiting the Golden Gate Capital (“Golden Gate”) website. By using this website, you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions, which constitute a legal agreement (the “Agreement”) between you and Golden Gate. If you do not accept these conditions, you may not use this website.
This website is intended solely to provide general information regarding Golden Gate and Golden Gate’s potential financing capabilities for prospective portfolio investments. Golden Gate does not solicit or make its services available to the public. Under no circumstances should any information provided on this website, including any information regarding Golden Gate’s current and historical portfolio investments, be used or considered as an offer to sell or a solicitation of any offer to buy any security or an interest in any investment fund managed by Golden Gate. Any such offer or solicitation will be separately made only by means of the offering documents relating to the particular fund to persons who, among other requirements, meet certain qualifications under federal securities laws and generally are sophisticated in financial matters, such that they are capable of evaluating the merits and risks of prospective investments. Nothing on the website is intended to be, and you should not consider anything on the website to be, investment, accounting, tax or legal advice. Past results of any investment, investment strategy or investment style are not necessarily indicative of future results.
INVESTOR PRIVACY NOTICE
This notice is being posted by and on behalf of Golden Gate Private Equity, Inc. and its affiliated management entities (“Golden Gate”, “we”, or “our”) in connection with your investment in one or more Golden Gate funds or separately managed accounts. Golden Gate is committed to handling information about investors responsibly and consistent with privacy rights. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use and share the personal data that we gather.
How We Collect and Use Personal Data
We generally collect all or most of the following categories and specific pieces of personal data:
- Contact information: name, address, email, telephone number
- Identification information: signature, date of birth, social security number, taxpayer identification number, driver’s license, passport, other government identification and numbers
- Background information: information revealed in know-your-customer (KYC) and anti- money laundering (AML) due diligence, investor accreditation and consents
- Financial information: assets, income, net worth, amounts and types of investments, capital account balances, capital commitments, capital contributions, account data, other investment participation information, funds transfer information, beneficiaries, positions, percentages of fund, share or option numbers and values, vesting information, investment history, transaction information, tax information
We collect this personal data from:
- forms you complete, such as subscription agreements, investor questionnaires, applications or other forms
- your correspondences (written, telephonic, voicemails or electronic)
- your transactions with us or others
- third party service providers (g., background screening, investor placement, or public databases) who perform services on our behalf or verify or supplement our information
- our website, including registration information and any information captured via cookies
We collect this personal data for the business purposes of and pursuant to the legal bases of contract performance, legal compliance, and legitimate interests. These include:
- Complying with legal or regulatory obligations, such as our obligations regarding KYC and AML, as well as for tax purposes
- Performing a contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract
- Other legitimate interests and business purposes, such as:
- For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain or service your account(s), communicate with you, pay funds, manage records, respond to court orders and legal investigations, and administer and provide services to you, including onboarding, marketing, research and due diligence
- For our marketing purposes – to offer our services to you, to improve and customize our services for you and to understand how our services are used
- For our risk mitigation purposes – to protect against fraud and security risks, including through background screening
In some cases, we rely on your consent for processing your personal data, but only in those cases where we specifically ask for your consent.
How We Share and Disclose Personal Data
We may share your personal data with:
- our affiliates for purposes and uses that are consistent with this Privacy Notice
- legal or government regulatory authorities as required in connection with legal or regulatory matters, including in connection with background screens, claims, disputes or litigation, or if we determine disclosure is necessary to enforce our legal rights or contractual commitments
- service providers who, on our behalf or for your benefit, provide services to Golden Gate for business purposes
- employees and service providers who have a reasonable need to know the information in connection with the conduct of Golden Gate’s business as an investment advisor
- third parties to which you request or authorize us to disclose your personal data
We do not sell your personal data.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our firm. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be secure at all times. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
We retain personal data pursuant to our records retention program, for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, unless a longer period is required or permitted under applicable law or is needed to resolve disputes or protect our legal rights. We maintain personal data of our former investors and apply the same policies that apply to current investors.
Updates to the Privacy Notice
Although most changes are likely to be minor, Golden Gate may change this Privacy Notice from time to time, and at Golden Gate’s sole discretion. Upon any material change to this policy, Golden Gate will provide a notice to investors to inform them what kinds of personal data the firm collects and the circumstances in which that information may be disclosed to third parties.
If you have any questions, comments, requests or concerns about this Privacy Notice or other privacy- related matters, please contact
Golden Gate Capital One Embarcadero Center, Suite 3900 San Francisco, CA 94111
+1 (415) 9830-7800
Additional Region-Specific Disclosures
If you live in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the following additional disclosures apply to any personal data that we process subject to the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation.
International Data Transfers
Your personal data may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country other than the one in which it was collected. We may transfer your personal data outside the EEA, including to the United States, and when we do so, we rely on appropriate or suitable safeguards recognized under data protection laws, including:
- using Standard Contractual Clauses when transferring personal data from a country in the EEA to a country outside the EEA, including the United States;
- obtaining your consent to transfer personal data outside the EEA after first informing you about the possible risks of such a transfer;
- when the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Golden Gate, or if the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between Golden Gate and a third party, and the contract was entered into in your interest; and
- when the transfer is necessary to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or to protect your vital
Data Subject Rights
In certain circumstances required by EEA law, you have a right to:
- request access to and rectify or erase your personal data that we hold, restrict or object to certain processing of your data by us, or request transfer of appropriate data to a third party where this is technically feasible;
- request whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and of the possible consequences of failure to provide such personal data; and
- the information on the recipients or categories of recipients with whom we share your personal data, which we have
You can exercise these rights by contacting us at .moc.1550551764pacet1550551764agned1550551764log@o1550551764fni1550551764 We will review your requests and respond accordingly. The rights described herein are not absolute and we reserve all of our rights available to us at law in this regard.
Additionally, in the circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. If you decline to provide or consent to our use of the data and we are relying on consent as the legal basis for its processing, there are circumstances in which we will not be able to provide you with services or take action on your behalf.
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose(s) you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law. If you wish to withdraw any consent given for processing, please contact us at .moc.1550551764pacet1550551764agned1550551764log@o1550551764fni1550551764
In the event that you have a complaint that is not resolved by us to your satisfaction, you may refer the matter to your local data protection authority in the EEA.
Additional Region-Specific Disclosures
If you are a California resident, as defined in Section 17014 of Title 18 of the California Code of Regulations, the following additional disclosures apply to any personal data that we process subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”).
California residents have a right to:
- request disclosure of your personal data that we hold from the past 12-month period, including your specific information as listed under How We Collect and Use Personal Data and How We Share and Disclose Personal Data
- request deletion of your personal data that we hold from the past 12-month period, provided that the data is not required by Golden Gate to complete a transaction or enable internal uses within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, to provide security, prevent fraud, and repair errors, or to comply with applicable laws or regulations
California residents can exercise these rights by contacting us at 415-983-2700 or at .moc.1550551764pacet1550551764agned1550551764log@o1550551764fni1550551764 We will review your requests and respond accordingly within 45 days. The rights described herein are not absolute and we reserve all of our rights available to us at law in this regard. You will not have to pay a fee for the disclosure of your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for disclosure is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will also not provide disclosure of your personal data more than twice in any 12-month period.
We will not discriminate on the basis that you have exercised any of your rights under the CCPA. Golden Gate takes very seriously any inquiries we receive about our privacy practices and our compliance with the CCPA, and we will ensure that all inquiries are handled in accordance with the CCPA’s requirements. Where CCPA requests are submitted to us, we will only use the information supplied to us to verify the request and any subsequent issues.